Miscellaneous Shop Opportunities
National Council of Jewish Women - St. Louis Section
Job Title: Miscellaneous Help
Reports To: Store Manager or Volunteer Manager
General Objective: Help in areas of the shop and donation center ass needed.
Position Description: Help with laundry, donation pickup, small repairs and paint jobs, measuring and folding donated linens, and any other small tasks assigned.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Provide direct assistance to donors by helping with donation pickup.
- General handyman jobs including small repairs and painting.
- Polishing silver plate when it is donated to prepare it for the sales floor.
- Measuring and folding linens to prepare them for the sales floor.
- Light cleaning and laundry.
- Other tasks as may be assigned
Physical Duties: Requirements:
- Ability to bend and lift items with minimal difficulty.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work as part of a team to process donations in a timely manner.
- Must be able to go up and down stairs without difficulty.
- Sense of humor.
Time Commitment: 2-4 hours per shift (Mon-Fri 10-6 and Sat 10-4)
- Janitorial Maintenance
- Appliance Repair
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- 2-4 hours per week