Volunteer Donation Center Sorter (Behind the Scenes Magic)
National Council of Jewish Women - St. Louis Section
Job Title: Backroom Donation Center Sorter
Reports To: Store Manager or Volunteer Manager
General Objective: Provide customer service to donors. Work with Store Manager to maintain an upscale resale store and donation center.
Position Description: Provide assistance to donors and customers. Work with donors to receive merchandise. Sort and tag merchandise to be displayed within the store. Keep an orderly backroom, donation bay, and basement workspace.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Provide direct assistance to donors by helping them with unloading their donations.
- Assist donors as necessary with their tax receipt.
- Take donations to production area.
- Prepare merchandise for sales floor by sorting, sizing, pricing, and tagging.
- Light cleaning and laundry.
- Other tasks as may be assigned.
Physical Duties: Requirements:
- Ability to bend and lift items out of a bin and place them on hangers.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work as part of a team to process donations in a timely manner.
- Must be able to go up and down stairs without difficulty.
- Sense of humor.
Time Commitment: 2-4 hours per shift (Mon-Fri 10-6 and Sat 10-4)
- Donor Management
- Retail / Sales
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- 2-4 hours per week.