Volunteer Sales Floor Associate
National Council of Jewish Women - St. Louis Section
Reports To: Store Manager or Volunteer Manager
General Objective: Provide customer service to shoppers. Work with Store Manager to maintain an upscale resale store.
Position Description: Provide assistance to customers. Staff cashier station when necessary. Monitor dressing rooms, set up displays, and assist with the organization of the sales floor. Help to keep an orderly backroom, donation bay and basement workspace.
- Staff cashier desk as necessary.
- Assist in the organization of the sales floor, including displays, dressing rooms, fixtures, and overall atmosphere of the shop.
- Assure that the shop is clean and provide an appealing shopping environment.
- Wipe down fixtures and displays daily, along with vacuuming, sweeping, removing debris and trash, and other tasks as necessary.
- Clean dressing rooms, take trash to dumpster, and help to keep the sales floor clean.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Friendly, outgoing demeanor
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Attention to detail
- Ability to communicate well with customers to serve their needs
- Ability to bend, kneel, lift and move items (25lb max)
- Time Commitment: 2-4 hours per shift (Mon-Fri 10-6 and Sat 10-4)
- Retail / Sales
- Customer Service
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 2-4 hours per week