PhilaSoup is a non-profit that provides micro-grants (up to $800) to teachers in Philadelphia schools to fund classroom projects that enhance the learning experience of their students. We do this by hosting quarterly soups, where we invite the community to come together, share a meal and listen to three to four teachers present their ideas in need of funding. The attendees at the soup vote on which project they like best, and the winner receives the largest portion of the grant, but each teacher walks away with some funding! Grants are funded by ticket sales to the soup, with a matching donation from PhilaSoup. Since 2012, PhilaSoup has hosted over 30 events and granted over $30,000.
We are currently seeking a Board member to help us with Outreach. As Outreach Chair, the Board member would be responsible for:
- Coordinating outreach strategy and developing programming that extends our network in different education sectors to assist in our overall communications strategy externally to promote our mission, secure funds, and maintain attendance at our events
- When able, representing PhilaSoup at various events related to the organization’s mission
- Maintaining PhilaSoup website and mailing list/contact database
- Managing Eventbrite (ticket page)
- Managing PhilaSoup social media
- Designing PhilaSoup marketing
We aim to convene diverse communities at our events who share a love for teachers, and we also seek to understand the complicated and various ways in which we can best meet the needs of Philadelphia educators. We need different voices, perspectives, experiences, relationships, values, and identities at our table in order to do this work as powerfully as we want to. We therefore are seeking board candidates who will be bringing these qualities to our team.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Teaching / Instruction
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- General Education
- Graphic Design / Print
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 19