Communications and Social Media Volunteer/Coordinator - Bahia, Brazil
ETIV do Brasil is looking for a dedicated volunteer or intern to serve as our Communications and Social Media Coordinator (CSMC). The CSMC will be responsible for developing and leading our overall communications and social media strategy, with the support of the Director and Operations Manager. The CSMC also works closely with our Marketing and Recruitment team to accomplish joint goals aimed at improving the exposure, recruitment rates and overall success of the NGO. This includes updating, improving and creating brochures, posters, fliers, and banners to creating our newsletters, supporting our annual reports and leading the work on all of our visual content, including visual materials (such photos and videos) and to keep our visual content library updated in our database.
Volunteers or Interns can also fulfill this position virtually from home, completely free of charge. Besides the tasks listed above, virtual volunteers are also expected to help promote the NGO at home and in local schools, universities and communities.
- Develop content and track results of social media campaigns
- Measure and track performance of the social media strategies
- Provide recommendations for new strategies and initiatives for social media
- Maintain the social media calendar based on the department’s strategies and initiatives
- Write, develop, edit and upload articles for the ETIV blog, newsletters and annual reports as necessary
- Develop and improve upon our Communications and Social Media guide for incoming volunteers
- Update our project description on our website, especially prior to leaving the position.
- Volunteers must work at least 20 hours per week
- Coordinators must work at least 25 hours per week
- Basic Portuguese
- Minimum 3-month time commitment for coordinators
- Minimum 1-month time commitment for volunteers
- Knowledge of Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
- Working knowledge of canvas or willingness to learn
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to work within deadlines
- Working knowledge of all Microsoft Office programs and google drive
- Basic video editing (preferred, but not required)
Prior to arrival, volunteers and interns receive ongoing support, our Pre-Departure PowerPoint a Skype interview and Portuguese audio lessons. We also organize taxi pickups, housing, project placement and Portuguese lessons with our local instructor. All volunteers and interns will also receive an Introduction to the NGO, a tour of Itacaré, life insurance, project training and ongoing support and supervision during their volunteer time or internship with the NGO. All volunteers and interns will receive excellent references from the NGO for quality work completed with us.
Most interns can receive university credit while interning with us and some are even able to receive a University stipend or grant to help cover their expenses. We offer ongoing supervision for interns and can complete all university documents and evaluations as deemed necessary. Interns can also earn credit by completing a remote/virtual internship with us completely free of charge.
Low income volunteers and interns that are willing and able to dedicate at least 5-months (preferably 6) to the project may apply for a grant with the NGO to have their volunteer contribution waived. However, everyone is responsible for covering their own food, travel, accommodation and personal expenses and everyone must pay the $67 admin fee that covers all legal documentation.
These positions are perfect for someone seeking a meaningful internship experience in a stunning location with a thriving Afro-Brazilian culture. Itacaré is unique place where the Rainforest meets the Atlantic Ocean and beautiful beaches, jungles, waterfalls and wildlife abound.
We'll work with your schedule.
Rua Massaranduba 26Bairro PassagemItacare, Bahia Brazil
- Social Media / Blogging
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Must be at least 18
- 3 month minimum
- Basic Portuguese helpful