Marketing and Recruitment Volunteer/Internship - Bahia, Brazil
ETIV do Brasil is looking for dedicated volunteers or interns to support our Marketing and Recruitment work in beautiful Itacaré, Bahia, Brazil. These volunteers or interns will be responsible for leading our overall marketing strategy as we promote our organization and our volunteer opportunities on a wide variety of social media sites, volunteer recruitment websites and on different internship and job boards. In addition, our marketing coordinator is also expected to help us build partnerships with more colleges and universities to market our opportunities in their volunteer and internship databases as well as in their newsletters or other publications. The main goal of this position is to help the NGO recruit more volunteers and interns to support both our local community projects and our administrative work.
Our Marketing and Recruitment volunteers and interns will receive ongoing training, supervision and guidance from the director and/or the Operations Manager, while he or she will also gain a great deal of knowledge about NGO administration. Meanwhile, volunteers and interns that can commit at least 3 months to this work can lead the project by becoming our Marketing and Recruitment Coordinator. Coordinators are also responsible for training, supervising and supporting any other volunteers or interns that may become engaged in marketing, recruitment or social media work. This includes our team of virtual volunteers and interns that participate in weekly marketing and recruitment meetings. Volunteers or Interns can also fulfill this position virtually from home, completely free of charge. As regional outreach coordinators, virtual volunteers are also expected to help promote the NGO at home and in local schools, universities and communities.
- Develop content and track results from a wide variety of recruitment sites and our university outreach
- Measure and track performance of the marketing and recruitment strategy
- Provide recommendations for new strategies and initiatives for improved marketing and recruitment
- Maintain and continuously update the Marketing and Recruitment Manual and our Record of Progress
- Coordinate and/or support our entire Marketing and Recruitment team
- Create weekly agendas and send notes, updates and commitment reminders to other team members
- Work closely with our Communications and Social Media team
- To further develop our marketing and recruitment guide and to keep the guide and the project description updated on our website, especially prior to leaving the position.
- Coordinators must work at least 25 hours per week
- Volunteers must work at least 20 hours per week
- Basic Portuguese
- Minimum 3-month time commitment for coordinators
- Minimum 1-month time commitment for volunteers
- Knowledge of Marketing and Recruitment
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to work within deadlines
- Working knowledge of all Microsoft Office programs and google drive
- Basic video editing (preferred, but not required)
- Support with the website (preferred but not required)
Prior to arrival, volunteers and interns receive ongoing support, our Pre-Departure PowerPoint a Skype interview and Portuguese audio lessons as soon as they are officially signed up with the NGO. We can also organize taxi pickups, housing, project placements and Portuguese lessons with our local instructor before or after arrive. All volunteers and interns will also receive an Introduction to the NGO, a tour of Itacaré, life insurance, project training and ongoing support and supervision during their volunteer time or internship with the NGO. Those who complete quality work with the NGO can also expect to receive excellent references from the NGO after a job well done.
Most interns can receive university credit while interning with us and some are even able to receive a University stipend or grant to help cover their expenses. We offer ongoing supervision for interns and can complete all university documents and evaluations as deemed necessary. Interns can also earn credit by completing a remote/virtual internship with us completely free of charge.
Low income volunteers and interns that are willing and able to dedicate at least 5-months (preferably 6) to the project may apply for a grant with the NGO to have their volunteer contribution waived. However, everyone is responsible for covering their own food, travel, accommodation and personal expenses and everyone must pay the $67 admin fee that covers all legal documentation.
These positions are perfect for someone seeking a meaningful internship experience in a stunning location with a thriving Afro-Brazilian culture. Itacaré is unique place where the Rainforest meets the Atlantic Ocean and beautiful beaches, jungles, waterfalls and wildlife abound.
We'll work with your schedule.
Rua Massaranduba 26Bairro PassagemItacare, Bahia Brazil
- Resource Development / Management
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Community Outreach
- Must be at least 18
- 3 month minimum
- Basic Portuguese helpful