Hi Future Coaches!
Apply for our Coaching Corps 2018-2019 Paid Volunteer Coach Fellowship! We are looking for Team Captain Fellows in the San Diego area to apply for this awesome paid campus fellowship. Team Captain Fellows will get the opportunity to grow Coaching Corps on their local campuses as well as in the community. Please review the position description below and if interested, apply HERE. before April 13th 2018.
Coaching Corps Team Captain Fellowship Description
Coaching Corps is leading the field in how sports can be used to improve health, educational, and social outcomes for kids, and we are excited to spearhead a national movement of volunteer service on behalf of youth through sports.
The Coaching Corps Team Captain Fellowship trains college students and/or community members to become leaders in the sports-based youth development field. This is a one-year fellowship that combines community/campus outreach, communications, leadership development, and professional development training.
Team Captain Fellows develop and strengthen skills while actively recruiting and supporting volunteer coaches in their community. During the year, fellows work at a programmatic level to support Coaching Corps' mission of providing a trained and caring coach to underserved youth.
Who are we looking for:
The Team Captain Fellowship is for passionate, energetic, go-getters who thrive on turning a No into a Yes. We are seeking emerging leaders who have experience working with youth and engaging college students or community members. This role is for excellent communicators who are motivating, supportive, and highly organized.
* Live in San Diego, CA during the year and/or school year
* Serve 10 hours per week from Late August 2018-May 2019
* Coach at least one season during that time
* Attend a 2018 May orientation (web-based), a July pre-retreat meeting with supervisor, our Fall Retreat in August, monthly fellowship meetings, and weekly check-ins with supervisor
- Provide opportunities for kids living in underserved communities to play sports
- Network with fellow students committed to social justice
- Develop your skills in community outreach, volunteer management, database management, marketing and communications
- Build your resume and earn letters of recommendation
- Receive a $500 service award at the end of each fall and springsemester ($1000 total)
How to Apply
To apply to the 2018-2019 Coaching Corps Team Captain Fellowship, please complete application located HERE.