About the Volunteer Coordinator Position
We are looking for a volunteer or intern that can serve as our Volunteer Coordinator on the coast of Bahia in beautiful, Itacare. The Volunteer Coordinator will be expected to help us recruit, manage and support our team of international volunteers. Interns may also be able to receive university credit for their work with our NGO.
The Volunteer Coordinator Role Includes:
- Responding to e-mail inquiries and volunteer applications
- Welcoming volunteers upon arrival and organizing their taxi pickups and bedrooms
- Leading volunteer inductions and bike tours of Itacaré
- Helping volunteers plan and follow through on their goals and commitments
- Managing the volunteer house and office
- Organizing fun cultural and recreational activities with the volunteers
- Supporting community events and supervising volunteers in their projects to ensure that their volunteer experience is both challenging, rewarding and making a positive difference to the families and communities here in Itacaré.
- Conducting midterm and exit interviews
At least 3 months commitment and basic to intermediate Portuguese is required for this position.
ETIV Coordinator Positions
Our Coordinator positions are our most advanced volunteer positions, that require the greatest amount of responsibility from our volunteers. These positions offer an incredible learning experience that will look fantastic on any resume, while also boosting an applicant's competitiveness in a tough job market These positions require strong leadership skills and are only recommended for motivated self starters who are flexible, patient and good at conflict resolution. In this position, interns will receive regular supervision from the director or an ETIV staff member, but will be expected to create their own structure and work independently without anyone micro-managing their work.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply online at www.etivdobrasil.com and feel free to email us with any questions at email@example.com
Interns will receive ongoing supervision and life insurance coverage, while we can also help to organize your housing, taxi pickup and Portuguese classes.Interns that are willing and able to dedicate at least 6 months time commitment to the project may apply for a grant with the NGO to have the volunteer contribution waved. This allows lower income students to receive all the benefits of volunteering with our NGO (including life insurance, a tour of Itacare, an induction to the NGO, training in your project, ongoing supervision and support and 24 hour emergency support) completely free of charge. All interns are responsible for covering their own food, travel and accommodations, although we do provide a volunteer house where volunteers and interns can choose to live at a very affordable price.