Fund Development & Grant Writing - Bahia, Brazil
We are seeking a Fund Development and Grant Writing Volunteer or Coordinator to take the lead to help us diversify our funding sources through a variety of methods. This includes planning and organizing local and online fundraising events, researching and applying for grants, and helping us to find private and business donors; perhaps by implementing a membership scheme or donation drive. You will receive support and supervision from the director and/or from the Operations Manager.
Volunteers or Interns can also fulfill this position virtually from home, completely free of charge. Besides the tasks listed above, virtual volunteers are also expected to help promote the NGO at home and in local schools, universities and communities.
- To plan and organize local and/or online fundraising events
- Research and apply for grants
- Help us build new partnerships and strategies that may allow us to win more funding
- To help us find private and business donors
- Help us find new ways to diversity our funding sources
- Support us with recruitment of more volunteers
- Continue improving upon and updating our fundraising database and grants lists up to date
- To develop a better manual for future volunteers to continue the work, and to update our website description, especially just prior to leaving the position
- Volunteers must be at least 18 years or older
- In country volunteers work at least 4 hours day/20 hours a week, while virtual volunteers must contribute at least 5 hours per week
- Coordinators must contribute at least 25 hours a week
- A minimum of 1 month time commitment necessary for volunteers, 3 months for coordinators
- Knowledge and experience with fundraising, grant writing and event organizing is highly desirable but not required.
- Basic Portuguese required for volunteers, intermediate preferred for coordinators
Prior to arrival, volunteers and interns receive ongoing support, our Pre-Departure PowerPoint a Skype interview and Portuguese audio lessons. We also organize taxi pickups, housing, project placement and Portuguese lessons with our local instructor. All volunteers and interns will also receive an Introduction to the NGO, a tour of Itacaré, life insurance, project training and ongoing support and supervision during their volunteer time or internship with the NGO. All volunteers and interns will receive excellent references from the NGO for quality work completed with us.
Most interns can receive university credit while interning with us and some are even able to receive a University stipend or grant to help cover their expenses. We offer ongoing supervision for interns and can complete all university documents and evaluations as deemed necessary. Interns can also earn credit by completing a remote/virtual internship with us completely free of charge.
Low income volunteers and interns that are willing and able to dedicate at least 5-months (preferably 6) to the project may apply for a grant with the NGO to have their volunteer contribution waived. However, everyone is responsible for covering their own food, travel, accommodation and personal expenses and everyone must pay the $67 admin fee that covers all legal documentation.
These positions are perfect for someone seeking a meaningful internship experience in a stunning location with a thriving Afro-Brazilian culture. Itacaré is unique place where the Rainforest meets the Atlantic Ocean and beautiful beaches, jungles, waterfalls and wildlife abound.
We'll work with your schedule.
Rua Massaranduba 26Bairro PassagemItacare, Bahia Brazil
- Resource Development / Management
- Grant Writing / Research
- Must be at least 18
- 3 month minumum
- Basic Portuguese Helpful, Not Required