- Supervise children.
- Attend staff meetings.
- Participate in planning activities for the program.
- Discuss daily activities with children/youth and other staff.
- Set up activity areas (learning centers).
- Prepare supplies for activities.
- Distribute supplies.
- Assist with activities.
- Operate audiovisual equipment.
- Assist with keeping the space(s) neat and orderly.
- Provide help, guidance, and encouragement for children/youth.
- Prepare, serve and clean up food.
- Eat with a group of children, if applicable, and supervise mealtimes.
- Greet children upon arrival and prepare children for departure.
- Assist in meeting rules and regulations for the facility and/or the building where children are in care.
- Be a positive role model in speech, manner, and dress.
- Chart behavior and other pertinent information.
- Report situations that may need special attention.
- Talk with parents. Share information about child’s progress or situations about which they may need to be informed.
- Assist in the care of play equipment which may include cleaning, disinfecting, and repairing.
- Assume duties for daily housekeeping, which may include laundering, cleaning work surfaces, sweeping mopping, etc.
- Child Care
- Literacy / Reading
- Math / Science Instruction
- Computer Science
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2 months
- Loves Children ages 6-16