COMMUNITY OUTREACH VOLUNTEER POSITIONS IN UGANDA (EAST AFRICA)
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
WhereNamasuba off Entebbe highwayKampala, Central +256UG
RWEYOWA is in need of community outreach volunteers who will coordinate RWEYOWA community outreach and engagement initiatives. He/she will work to increase the organization’s presence in the community and will build relationships with individuals and other organizations in support of RWEYOWA work.
The community outreach volunteers will directly contribute to increasing RWEYOWA capacity by developing its community outreach programs and increasing community support for the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
The outreach coordinator will:
- Develop and implement outreach strategies for active RWEYOWA campaigns
- Develop and implement outreach strategies for active RWEYOWA campaigns.
- Coordinate production and distribution of organisation community outreach materials
- Contribute to communications, outreach, marketing of the organisation, public relations and media relations activities as required
- Excellent organizational, written and oral communication skills.
- Detail oriented and committed to meeting deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Works well independently and as part of a team.
Benefits and recognition
This position provides valuable experience for Environmental Studies, Non-Profit Management, Fundraising and/or Event Management; individuals with an interest in gaining experience in the non-profit sector or in the environmental field; and anyone with a passion for helping the most disadvantaged community this project an amazing experience. Volunteers are highly valued members of the RWEYOWA team and contribute to making a significant difference in RWEYOWA ability to help our community and future generations. RWEYOWA will provide reference letters for all volunteers who successfully complete a placement.
For more information about RWEYOWA please click http://www.rweyowa.org
- Resource Development / Management
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Social Work
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 6hours a day (Monday - Friday)