The Sierra Club Tree Team is looking for a volunteer who can aid our tree planting team by receiving trees from nurseries and distributing them around town, as well as preparing the work-orders and crew assignments and then delegating tasks and maintaining equipment. Volunteer tasks will include:
- Communicating with the Tree Team Coordinator
- Meeting nursery trucks or picking up trees
- Briefly inspecting trees for health
- Distributing trees to locations for planting.
Typical time commitment: Several hours around each event. One order of trees is usually enough for 1-2 events. Meeting a truck takes 1-3 hours (nurseries announce the delivery time on the previous day and they may be as early as 7am). A pickup takes 3-4 hours on a morning or midday. Distributions take 2-4 hours on the day of the event or the day before, depending on the number of trees.
- Truck Driving
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Orientation or Training
- See above for details.
- Travel around Oakland and to nurseries required. Access to truck a plus.