We need help with set-up and many other tasks for our Race Against Extinction - a 5K obstacle course run/walk on the sand Huntington Beach. The goal will be to will raise awareness and funds for endangered species both locally and around the globe. People of all ages can come out to participate in this fun and competitive setting with various contests and prizes. Following the race, enjoy the music (band TBA) and the various booths, a silent auction and even pet adoptions, as the other players finish. Once the race has concluded there will be an award ceremony for the top finishers (Kids & Adults) and top fundraisers - both individuals and teams, and raffle winners. This will be an exciting community event with a purpose that is sure to be a memorable one!
We need volunteers the day of this event to help with the following:
- check people in for registration
- help directing people (where to find registration, etc.)
- directing runners where to turn back at halfway point and cheering them on
- giving water and snacks out to participants
- helping with the silent auction
- helping out at our booth for T-shirt sales
- help at finish line
- clean up to make sure no trash is left behind post-event
Can be for the entire duration of the event: pre-event set-up starting at 5am to the hour clean up post-event (from Noon-1pm) - or just a few hours anywhere in-between!
- Event Design & Planning
- Event Management
- Habitat Restoration
- Environmental Policy
- Environmental Education
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 15
- Can commit to come for a portion of the event.