We need a Slack pro! NAMI is the nation's largest primarily volunteer-run, grassroots organization in the country helping anyone affected by mental illness. The San Fernando Valley affiliate needs help with making sure our volunteers stay connected to each other to optimize our collective energy towards helping people who's lives are impacted by mental illness.
We just started using Slack and we need a pro to help us easily learn the ropes. It is understood that Slack has a bit of a learning curve and we need someone who is knowledgeable and able to patiently TEACH the ins and outs of slack, as well as the basics. We want a Slack pro who will:
- Show volunteers the benefits of using Slack
- Teach the various basics things Slack can do
- Help us determine what are the best ways we can utilize Slack based on our needs
- The various integrations we're using and how they benefit the organization and the work we're doing
- Be kind and patient in one-on-one sessions using FreeConferenceCall.com to share screens with volunteers for on-the-spot training and troubleshoot.
- Create webinars that are specific to how our organization is using Slack
If you are a Slack wiz and have the aptitude and patience to teach some who may or may not be tech savvy, we want hear from you. You will make a direct difference by helping us communicate with each other efficiently so we grow and expand our operations seamlessly and efficiently. Our ultimate goal is to help individuals and family affected by mental illness through our FREE education classes, support groups, information meetings, and comprehensive resources. Your contribution to our efforts is invaluable to that goal.
If you are looking to enhance your resume or need service learning hours, NAMI is a great place to do both. Click the "I want to help" button now.
- Basic Computer Skills
- Adult Education
- Teaching / Instruction
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- minimum 3-4 hrs/week
- patient, reliable, responsive