Outside2Inside (O2I) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization focused on reducing food waste through prevention, recovery and recycle through various creative programs.
Every year, the United States is wasting approximately 40% of the food we produce. Meanwhile 42 million Americans are still "food insecure". If our country recovered just 30% of what we’re wasting and provide it to people in need, domestic hunger would be eliminated!
Outside2Inside is focused on reducing food waste through prevention, recovery and recycle though various creative programs. We prevent the food waste through awareness programs, bringing food waste realization among the community and kids. Our Farm2School program recovers the unattractive but otherwise nutritious produce from local partners and serve the deprived, needy in our society . Our recycle program converts the food waste into organic compost and animal feed serving the urban households & local farms.
Come join us to serve an interesting NPO and help solve Food Waste problems.
We are seeking an organized, self-motivated Teaching Assistant to join our growing organization. In this position, we are looking for an innovative and established professional to provide leadership, vision and direction in conjunction with the Self Awarness Program Manager and represents Outside2inside in the community.
As you will provide this support, a positive attitude and attention to detail are a must. This person will closely coordinate with the Outside2Inside (O2I) program manager and help their program needs in the O2I home office.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Printing and distributing Flyers for the Self Awareness Program.
- Entering Self Awareness Program information in the website for Registration.
- Help display the publication books during Self Awareness program.
- Researching on the benefits of Self Awareness techniques.
- Create a curriculum for Self Awareness program in Schools.
- Assist Self Awareness instructor while teaching the course.
- In the long run, showing interest to teach the Self Awareness courses in Schools.
- Has learnt Self Awareness Courses before.
- Has some experience teaching courses for kids.
- One who likes working with kids.
- Work history and a commitment to developing effective organizational systems for managing programs, staff, budgets and work-plans.
- Previous experience working or leading with non-profits.
- Able to work well in a team environment, handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
- Interested in our food waste reduction awareness programs and community support programs.
- Generally interested, passionate, patient individual who is open to exploring new areas.
The successful candidate will be able to lead all programs successfully. Excellent writing, analytical, and research skills are essential.
- Strong written communication skills; ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive documents.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of funding sources.
- Experience fundraising and working with institutional donors.
- Knowledge of basic fundraising techniques and strategies.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Being a team player.
- Willing to show initiative.
- Highly organized multi-tasker
- A thorough and methodical approach to your work.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Familiarity with office management procedures and basic accounting principles
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Scheduling appointments/updating calendars.
- Excellent knowledge of office management software(s).
- Interpersonal Skills - Critical Thinking, Multi-tasking and Networking.
- Project Management - Reporting, Data Collection & Analysis.
- People Management - People Skills, Relationship Management & Volunteer Coordination.
- People Skills
- Basic Computer Skills
- Teaching / Instruction
- Administrative Support
- General Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Monday - Friday 10am - 4pm working from Office
- Kids food waste awareness...
- Entry Level Farm2School Program...
- Sr. Manager (reporting to...
- Farm2School Program Farm/Schools...
- Legal Assistant / Support
- Director of Human Resource (HR)...
- Farm2School Program Marketing...
- Grant Manager
- Farm2School Program Outreach...
- Farm2School Program Produce...
- Farm2School Program Researcher
- Farm2School Social Media...
- Compost Lead
- Entry Level Human Resource (HR)...
- Sr. Marketing Manager
- Entry Level Marketing Manager
- Sr. Human Resource (HR) Manager...
- Kids Food Waste Awareness...
- Entry Level Social Media Manager
- Sr. Social Media Manager