Sustainable Contra Costa (SCOCO) invites passionate and dedicated individuals to volunteer to help us further our mission. Learn about sustainability principles and practices while building up your resume, collaborating with a fabulous team, making valuable contacts, and getting hands on experience at a cutting edge organization!
Sustainable Contra Costa is a nonprofit that educates, connects and inspires Contra Costa individuals and organizations to embrace a sustainable lifestyle. We are a community of citizens, educators, innovators, and organizations working together to create ecologically sustainable, economically vibrant, and socially just communities for all. Our work is based on the 10 principles of One Planet Living and we are committed to helping achieve the global Sustainable Development Goals through local actions in the greater Contra Costa region. Our programs and initiatives leverage the power of individual and community-wide daily actions to transform the way we interact with each other and the world around us.
We have an immediate volunteer opportunity for a Website Content Support Person . This volunteer will fill a vital supporting role with the organization, enabling SCOCO to operate with a compelling and consistent external message while significantly increasing the awareness of our mission and promoting individual programs and events. The website content will be provided. He or she will initially help us with the very timely project of updating the website for one of our specific upcoming projects: The Community Resilience Challenge East Bay , which takes place throughout the months of April and May, 2018. The Challenge is an annual mobilization campaign that inspires thousands of citizens and groups to take action to save water, grow food, conserve energy, reduce waste pollution, and build community. Individuals pledge a new action in their life, one that makes a positive difference for our planet and our local environment. In this way we "grow sustainability, one act at a time".
Working collaborating with staff and other volunteers, the Website Content Support Person will provide support for Sustainable Contra Costa online presence by :
* Creating new pages and links on our website
* Updating existing pages on our website
* Helping improve our general web presence
We are open to receiving input regarding our developing:
* Web design goals, which are in line with our organization's overall goals
* Strategies and tactics which respect our budgetary limitations and maximize marketing and design resources
* Identification of the most effective ways to reach our key audiences online
This tech-savvy volunteer should have experience in web support, and knowing Wordpress is a plus (no knowledge of coding is required). He or she should be outgoing, adaptive and reliable, a self-starter and team player, fluent in English, and passionate about environmental issues and solutions for the future. The volunteer will work remotely on their own computer. Hours and location are flexible, and volunteers must be comfortable structuring their own time. This work should take no more than a few hours a week. Volunteers may also have an opportunity to do data entry, writing, editing and research, event production, and outreach and education of the public, if this is of interest.
Sustainable Contra Costa depends on volunteers to forward our efforts. Our volunteer positions provide on-the-job experience and substantial professional benefits including:
* Working with a unique local environmental non-profit organization and with fun, spirited
and dedicated team members who really appreciate each other
* Connecting with innovative and pioneering leaders in the expanding field of sustainability
* Improving website development and communication skills
* Valuable job networking
* Community service credit for school, if desired
* Letter of recommendation/professional reference, based on performance
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION : send your resume and a cover letter to Batya Gelfand at: firstname.lastname@example.org, with WEBSITE CONTENT SUPPORT VOLUNTEER APPLICATION as the subject. Please indicate in your cover letter why this position suits your skills, interests and experience. For more info, please check out our website: www.sustainablecoco.org , or email email@example.com THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION!
- Basic Computer Skills
- Google Apps
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Graphic Designer for...
- Fundraising Director/Board...
- Videographer for Sustainability...
- Communications Committee Member...
- Auction Fundraiser Team Member...
- Auction Fundraiser Coordinator...
- Website Content Support Person
- Event Planning & Coordination...
- Writer/Journalist for...
- Event Photographer for...
- Education & Outreach Team Member...