Pro Bono Legal Assistance to Tackle Quality of Life Issues in Detroit
Urban Development Corporation
Urban Development Corporation (UDC), is a nonprofit organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for low to moderate income families who live in urban communities.
For many years, UDC has been trying to bring stabilization, revitalization and sustainability to a 9-block area in an impoverished inner-city neighborhood on the N.E. Side of Detroit. Currently, "we have need for an attorney" to provide Pro Brono Legal Assistance in our endeavor to address challenging quality of life issue.
We have need for an attorney who is courageous, sincere and willing to take a stands to help tackle some quality of life issues which plague inner-city Detroit neighborhoods.
About Urban Development Corporation
2727 Second Avenue, Suite 129, Detroit, MI 48201, US
Improve the quality of life and bring about positive life-style changing experiences of low to moderate income families who live in urban communities. In carrying out our mission Urban Development Corporation serves as a catalyst in the revitalization of communities through the development of activities and programs which promote clean, drug-free, healthy, safe and enjoyable family lifestyles.
The uniqueness of our organization is our willingness to address counter productive behaviors which plague many urban communities, they include: random gunshot firing, slum lording, illegal dumping, liquor stores on nearly every corner, vandalism, and the selling of illicit drugs. These activities are major contributing factors to the rapid deterioration of inner city neighborhoods and lead to a large number of eyesore houses having to be torn down.
Our efforts are currently concentrated in the following areas:
- Beautification and clean-up of inner city neighborhoods.
- Substance abuse awareness and prevention.
- Broadening the horizon of inner city youth through exposure to future career opportunities, the fine arts, and recreational activities.
- Acquisition and renovation of deteriorating properties.
- Unemployment and underemployment.
- Addressing environmental pollution concerns and issues.
- Serving as a liaison between residents, businesses; local police and municipalities to alleviate illegal activity.
- Rehab of our donated building which will be utilized as a community/employment center.