Adult Learning Center
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
2 people are interested
We provide many ongoing educational programs and classes for the female clients of Gospel Rescue Mission and need many volunteers to assist in making the programs as effective and enjoyable as possible! Do you want to help make adult education fun? If so check out the volunteer opportunities below.
Adult Learning Center
- Tuesdays at 10 am: Local, small business owners and employees willing to do "seminars" (about 30-45 minutes) speaking about their industry, what a day in their job looks like, how they got their job, how to be successful, what success means to them etc
- ALC "After Hours": We need a committed high impact volunteer willing to commit to Tuesday and Wednesday afternoons from 4-6:30 in ALC. The space will be open lab: job searching, social media, email checking/set up, and general homework time. This volunteer will need to be comfortable taking ownership of their time in the lab and once trained, run autonomously.
- Academic Tutors: Volunteers needed to assist clients in entry level academic programs. Math, writing, English computer programs and worksheets are completed by clients. Volunteers will answer/coach clients and when necessary grade answer sheets/assignments. Volunteers needed: Mondays: 10-11:30 AM, Mondays 2:15-3:45 PM, Fridays 10-11:30 and Friday 12:30-2 PM
- To all volunteer candidates:
- In order to qualify for any volunteer position at Gospel Rescue Mission, one must first complete a tour. Please contact our Volunteer's Department for details at 520-740-1501 x7032 or here: http://grmtucson.com/volunteer/getting-started
- Gospel Rescue Mission's Mission Statement: To become the most effective life changing ministry in Tucson that serves the homeless and needy by providing for their spiritual, physical, emotional, and mental wholeness through the power of Jesus Christ.
We'll work with your schedule.
707 W Miracle MileTucson, AZ 85705
- Literacy / Reading
- Adult Education
- Math / Science Instruction
- General Education
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- We ask for a year long commitment