Volunteer Translators at Elmhurst ALC
3 people are interested
Volunteer translators needed to be a part of our Comprehensive Immigrant Services program at the Elmhurst Library Adult Learning Center. Volunteers would assist case managers with translation via phone conference and/or in-person visits to translate for non-English speaking participants seeking case management services and support. Additionally, volunteers would help during intake appointments to collect data regarding participants background and progress to facilitate services.
Specifically, volunteers will help translate during:
- Informational sessions and orientations
- Workshops and training sessions
- Must be Fluent Reading/Writing and Communication in Bengali, Cantonese, and/or Mandarin.
- Previous experience as a translator (formal/ informal) preferred but not mandatory
- On-call availability (hours are discussed at approval opportunity)
Flexible schedules (Monday-Friday anytime between 10:00am-8:00pm). Specific volunteer schedules depend on individual dates and times available.
Individuals 18 and older are subject to an investigative background check that may be used when considering volunteers.
Please submit an application using this link: https://volunteer.queenslibrary.org/opportunity/a0C1J00000HKF02
8607 BroadwayElmhurst, NY 11373
- Case Work / Management
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- at least a 3 month commitment; 2-3 hours a week