Looking for a virtual way to give back to homeless youth? Volunteer as a Lesson planner!
The Need2Read Program, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit in the state of New Jersey that was created in November 2014 to fill the need for a supplemental resource for the children and families of Family Promise-Union County. Family Promise is an organization located in Elizabeth, NJ, that offers temporary and emergency housing to homeless families. In 2018 we are extending our program into Burlington County, NJ!
We are a volunteer-run organization and are looking to bring on board, 6 volunteers to fill the role of Lesson Planner. Lesson planners help develop lessons featuring games, activities, and assessments as required for the outreach programs of Need2Read, including lesson plans that will be placed in our soon-to-be published activity guide for use in a network of more than 200 family shelter programs throughout the nation.
The ideal candidates would be those who could:
- Help to create weekly lesson plans for our 45 min to 1-hour literacy sessions
- Successfully incorporates multiple learning styles within plans
- Helps to create Need2Read activities guide
- Attend monthly support staff meeting (virtual meeting) as and when required
- Assist in other short term projects that are being undertaken by Need2Read
- Is a motivated self-stater
- Meets deadlines with ease
- Communicates via email and video conferencing with Supervisor
For more information about our organization please visit: www.TheNeed2Read.org
*Please note, all lesson plans will become the sole property of The Need2Read Program, Inc.
- Teaching / Instruction
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Reading / Writing
- General Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 21
- Ongoing; a few hours each week
- Flexible and Committed