Do you have a passion for cooking, baking, and feeding your community? Do you enjoy reaching out to support your community in times of need? Then come help support our Enduring Ties support group through your generous donation of food and time!
In collaboration with New Song Center for Grieving Children, we host a bereavement support group for the families of Ryan House who have lost a child to assist their transition to the future. Enduring Ties, the name of the bereavement support group, is held twice a month and is a very important time for the parents and siblings as they go through different workshops each session to learn to cope. The dinner is served from 6:00 p.m. - 6:30 p.m. and is used as a time for the families to socialize with one another and celebrate any upcoming events important to the families.
- Dinner can be prepared in advance and heated in the kitchen or you can cook it from scratch.
- Please bring all of the food and baking ingredients needed to prepare your dish, unless other arrangements have been made. Some sample dishes in the past have included: taco bar, spaghetti, ravioli, lasagna, pizza, salad, pie, cookies.
- We have various cooking supplies, such as pots and pans, an oven, a stove, a microwave. The kitchen is also equipped with an ice and water machine. Any additional non-alcoholic beverages are not required but always welcome like iced tea and lemonade.
- You do not need to submit your menu prior to arrival, but we do ask you to be mindful of having vegetarian options available as well as options for both children and adults.
- Please make sure you leave the kitchen as clean as you found it and wash all dishes or cooking utensils you may have used.
Health & Safety
- If you or anyone in your group is not feeling well, please have them stay home for the sake of others.
- Please limit the size of your group to no more than 8 people.
- We ask that everyone in your group be at least 15 years of age.
- Please wear comfortable clothing,
- You are welcome to wear your corporate/group shirts!
- Cooking / Catering
- Food & Beverage Services
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Food Service
- Family Therapy
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 15
- 2 - 4 hours depending on cooking time