Position: User Experience Design/Development
It’s Ok Now is an online platform initiative for teen/pre-teen/youth mental health and wellness. Our Mission is to provide and promote a healthy mental wellness community for teens/pre-teens to engage in positive dialog, a place for learning resilience and coping skills with mentor guidance. A safe hub where there is no place for stigma or blame.
- Are you looking for a volunteer opportunity where you can create and develop an online platform and community for a cause you are passionate about ?
- We are on the look out for passionate and driven individuals, who can take on a challenge to make things happen.
- We are a start up organization, thus provide an opportunity to learn from the ground up, hone your leadership and teamwork skills and have a large impact on the design execution and community direction. Please note these are volunteer unpaid positions.
- Experienced Web designers/ UX designers encouraged to apply
Timeline and time commitment:
- This project will commence ASAP, with a targeted end date of August 2018. Expected time spent is a minimum of 5 hours per week. Position is renewable with mutual agreement. Most work hours will be remote with an implicit understanding that you will be available for regular meetings (mostly phone) and check ins at a mutually agreed time.
Duties And Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities will include, but may not be limited to:
- Design and develop customer journey and user experience for the online and mobile platforms, which would include social sharing space, e-learning and a communication channel ( text or chat based)
- Develop a mock-up or 'prototype’
- Incorporate existing technologies and tools into platform
- Work within a given project timeline.
- Perform testing of the site and mobile app.
- Available for in-person or phone meetings.
Requirements And Skills
- User Experience design/ development experience on the web and mobile environments (preferred).
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to set up and do independent interviews in person and over the phone.
- Knowledge and experience in currently technologies and tools for web
- Good social media exposure and skills.
- Nonprofit cause related experience ( nice to have)
- Passion for and knowledge about youth mental health ( nice to have)
Apply ASAP.Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so applying earlier will help.
To apply, e-mail the following to Lekha Srinivasan: email@example.com .
- IN THE BODY OF YOUR EMAIL:
- Write a brief e-mail cover letter (no more than 1 printed page) that tells us
- how you will contribute to It’s Ok Now web and/ or mobile platform;
- number of total hours or weekly hours you will be available to work with us;
- Why you want to volunteer for It’s Ok Now.
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Web Design / UX
- Information Architecture
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Web Design
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- 5 hours/ week - could be higher or lower
- experienced Web UX designer