Edenvale Library is Seeking Summer Learning 2018 Volunteers! Earn Community Service Hours with Us!
WhenFri Jun 01, 2018 10:00 AM - Wed Aug 08, 2018 07:00 PM
Where101 Branham Lane EastSan Jose, CA 95111
Every year San Jose Public Library hosts an annual summer learning program inspiring people of all ages to read, learn and be active in their communities. This program is free to all library card holders. If you're a teenager, you're able to volunteer in a safe, interactive, educational environment and make friends while earning high school community service hours. If you're an adult, you're able to give back to your community in a positive, healthy way and also make new library friends.
We would love your help! As a Summer Learning Volunteer, you will be trained to:
* Sign up Summer Learning Program Participants
* Provide tips and instruction on logging reading and activity hours
* Distribute and pass out prizes to children
* Promoting our annual Summer Learning Program
* Assist with Summer Learning Program events and fun happenings
This program will be held during the months of June through August and will be active any time the library is open during the months of June through August so there is a lot of flexibility to have with your schedule.
You will be trained by us so everything will become second nature to you. If you're a teenager it will be a piece of cake way to earn those community service hours. If you're an adult it'll be a great way to make a difference in your community. If you're bilingual we'd especially love if you can use both language skills. We are happy to answer any questions you may have.
We hope you can apply! If you have any more questions feel free to email: Danielle.Goynes@sjlibrary.org. Thank you!
- People Skills
- Teaching / Instruction
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- Any hours you can put in will help!
- Attend 1 Summer Learning Orientation (Provided by us! Totally free)