Stuart G. Ferst School, a therapeutic day school, combines the best of educational and social emotional support to students 7 to 21 years of age with diagnoses ranging from autism and intellectual disabilities to physical challenges and emotional disorders. The school is staffed by dedicated individuals, including occupational and physical therapists, special education teachers and specialized teaching assistants.
We are looking for someone to volunteer at the reception desk on Tuesdays and Fridays at the Stuart G. Ferst School located at 6050 N California.
Hours can be flexible, but best case scenario a commitment to be here from 9am -2:45pm. Spanish speaking is a HUGE PLUS, as we need help interpreting with families at times.
- Friendly and welcoming to visitors/communicates with our staff when visitors are here to see us/ instructs visitors to wait in front area
- Ability to go across the street and pick up lunches from our neighboring school for students
- Ability to set up this lunch on trays
- Spanish Interpreting needs
- Passes along faxes
- Gets mail
- Occasional shredding and copying
- There is also the ability to plan for direct interactions with our kids depending on the background and match of the candidate. Open to accommodating interests based on our needs.
- Office Reception
- Office Management
- People Skills
- Administrative Support
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Tuesday & Fridays, 9 to 3