PET FOOD PANTRY ASSISTANT DESCRIPTION
Our Pet Food Pantry is an important part of ensuring that pet owners who are experiencing financial hardships are able to keep their pets instead of relinquishing them to shelters. This is a needs-based program, and participants must show proof of financial hardship. Each recipient will receive a half-month supply of food per visit, for two visits each month. Assistance is limited to six months. The Pet Food Pantry is open every Friday during normal business hours. The Assistant will help verify clients as they check in, gather the appropriate amount of food, organize the pantry, ensure all pet food is properly rotated, and help acquire new donations.
- Validate Pet Food Pantry cards from clients as they check in
- Gather the appropriate amount of pet food for each client
- Maintain a clean and organized food pantry
- Ensure proper rotation of donated pet food
- Help bring in pet food donations
- Ability to work efficiently in a busy environment
- Ability to work alone
- Ability to lift large bags of pet food
- High situational awareness
- Good communication and listening skills
- Background check and signed waiver
There will be an "on the job" training program. You will be paired with an experienced volunteer for several days until you are comfortable enough to perform the required tasks on your own. There will always be staff on hand you can ask if you have any questions.
The St. Augustine Humane Society promotes healthy, responsible, lifelong pet ownership in our community. We offer many important services to help pet parents keep their pets, rather than relinquishing them to an animal shelter. Some of the services we offer include our low cost, high volume spay/neuter program, our low cost wellness clinic, positive reinforcement dog training classes, and a pet food pantry. We rely on talented and dedicated volunteers to assist with these programs, and to ensure that all pets and pet parents receive the care and services they need. By offering low-cost veterinary services and serving as a resource center for our community, we are able to provide affordable assistance to all, making our clinic the only one of its kind in St. Johns County.
- Data Entry
- Office Management
- Event Management
- Customer Service
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Orientation or Training
- Will need to be available on Fridays.
- Must be able to lift very large bags of pet food.