The LA Youth at Work program trains youth (16-24 years of age) to become work ready. The youth we work with go through a 3 hour, Job Skills Workshop (JSW) and a Work Readiness Certification Interview (WRC).
LA Youth at Work needs volunteers at a WRC to serve as mock interviewer. To volunteer you do not need to attend a training. The first time you volunteer as an interviewer, you will be asked to come in for a 30 min orientation to teach you the process. Please, click on this link to view and RSVP to upcoming events: http://www.layouthatwork.org/interview_events
We will have a short orientation at 9:00 am, please arrive by then and dress professionally.
The interviewer (YOU):
- Will review resume and application
- Will conduct the interview using a scoring rubric
- Will provide feedback to the student about areas they are doing well or areas that need to be improved
- Will complete the checklist and scoring rubric
- The whole interview process should take no more than 30 min
- Each youth will have an appointment time
- They are asked to bring their resume and a typed application
- When they arrive, we’ll check for punctuality, and we’ll give them a math test as well as a customer quiz
- They will also complete a hard copy application
- Once done with the steps mentioned above, they will proceed to the interview room where an adult volunteer (YOU) will conduct the interview.
To participate in the program, please RSVP at any upcoming events: https://www.layouthatwork.org/interview_events
If you have any questions, please contact Nicole Perez at firstname.lastname@example.org or 213-580-7580.
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 23
- 3 hours