Secret Agent Supply Clerks Needed at 826CHI
5 people are interested
Volunteers in the Secret Agent Supply welcome visitors, customers, and community members into our space and educate them about 826CHI's mission and programs. Many people learn about 826CHI for the first time in our store, and our volunteers help turn these visitors into new volunteers, donors, and other partners. Volunteers also directly support 826CHI by processing sales and donations with our point of sale system. All sales in the Secret Agent Supply directly support 826CHI's tuition-free writing programs.
- Volunteers will act as an ambassador of 826CHI by greeting, engaging, and educating visitors about our mission, programs, student publications, and volunteer opportunities.
- Process transactions and donations through our iPad point of sale system, Shopkeep.
- Keep the store neat, organized, and well stocked.
- Maintain a safe and secure space by following safety procedures.
- Volunteers will assist with opening and closing duties as needed and assist Operations Manager and Creative and Retail Coordinator with special projects.
- Volunteers must complete a separate training before their first shift and become familiar with student publications, frequently asked questions, and products in the store.
- Retail or cash-handling experience or willingness to learn.
- Open to gaining experience communicating with diverse communities
- Works well independently
- Believes enthusiastically in the mission of 826CHI and is comfortable sharing that mission with others.
- A people person
- Knowledge of our mission and programming a plus!
- Store shifts are 2-3 hours long on Saturday & Sunday and the occasional weekday.
Commitment to Inclusion:
As an organization committed to encouraging youth in their creative expression, personal growth, and academic success, 826CHI recognizes the importance of diversity at all levels and in all aspects of our work. In order to build and maintain the safe, supportive 826 environments in which great leaps of learning occur, we commit to inclusion: we will not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, nationality, marital status, language, parental status, military service, or (dis)ability. We strive to put our values into action through planning, decision making, and community building.
We'll work with your schedule.
1276 N. Milwaukee Ave.Chicago, IL 60622
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Retail / Sales
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Interested volunteers must submit an application to https://www.826chi.org/volunteer-form