A Family For Every Child is a nonprofit organization located in Eugene, Oregon. AFFEC’S mission is to find loving, permanent families for every waiting foster child.
The mission of A Family For Every Child’s Mentor Program is to bring enthusiastic, dedicated, and caring adult members of our community and unite them with youth in foster care. Mentors help foster youth develop confidence, independence, and everyday life skills. Furthermore, mentors provide friendship, encouragement, and support foster youth through the various transitions in their lives.
Under the supervision of the Program Director, the intern/volunteer will:
- Be a stable adult and a continuous source of support to a foster child.
- Act as a positive role model, as foster youth need positive relationships with adults with whom they can learn and grow.
- Be a source of happiness--mentors can bring a lot of joy into a child’s life.
- Child Welfare
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Administrative Support
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Applicant must be able to commit at least 10 hours
- One year minimum. Schedules are worked out with the youth and foster parent.
- Fundraising Event Planner
- Matching Assistance Program...
- IT Work--Great for High School...
- Adoption Worker Assistant
- Graphic Design Specialist
- Family Finding Volunteer
- Data Entry Specialist
- Hero For a Day Event Planner
- WordPress Volunteers Needed!...
- Princess Event Planner
- Development Funding
- Research Sibling Specialty
- Agency Marketing Specialist
- Appreciation Card Creator
- FAMILY SCHOLARSHIP COORDINATOR
- SEO Volunteer Needed
- Media Marketing
- Family Adoption Specialist
- FAMILY RESOURCE COORDINATOR
- Princess Event Developer