4 people are interested
A Family For Every Child is a nonprofit organization located in Eugene, Oregon. AFFEC’S mission is to find loving, permanent families for every waiting foster child.
The mission of A Family For Every Child’s Mentor Program is to bring enthusiastic, dedicated, and caring adult members of our community and unite them with youth in foster care. Mentors help foster youth develop confidence, independence, and everyday life skills. Furthermore, mentors provide friendship, encouragement, and support foster youth through the various transitions in their lives.
Under the supervision of the Program Director, the intern/volunteer will:
- Be a stable adult and a continuous source of support to a foster child.
- Act as a positive role model, as foster youth need positive relationships with adults with whom they can learn and grow.
- Be a source of happiness--mentors can bring a lot of joy into a child’s life.
We'll work with your schedule.
1675 W. 11th AvenueEugene, OR 97402
- Child Welfare
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Administrative Support
- Youth Services
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Applicant must be able to commit at least 10 hours
- One year minimum. Schedules are worked out with the youth and foster parent.