Mentor Program Volunteer
AFFEC is a non-profit, 501(c)(3) child welfare organization. Our mission is to find loving, permanent families for all waiting foster children. Based in Eugene, Oregon, A Family For Every Child works nationally to ensure foster care is only a temporary solution for any child, as all children have the right to grow up in a loving, supportive, permanent home.
A Family For Every Child seeks engaged, passionate volunteers within the Permanency programs. Volunteers in the Mentor program must have a strong dedication to the connection of at-risk young people to caring and dedicated adults. Ideal candidates will have experience in program administration, work well in teams, and have a passion for improving outcomes for at-risk youth.
Volunteers will work in partnership with the Permanency Director to maintain program quality and develop new projects within the program (i.e.- improved wellness surveys, advance check-in systems, etc.). It will be the responsibility of the volunteers/interns to work directly with the Permanency Director to perform administrative work, search for and acquire new sources of donation/funding, and assist in any needs of matches within the program.
- Use designated outreach tools to contact mentors and wider community regarding upcoming events or program news.
- Cultivate relationships throughout the community with donors.
- Facilitate resources required by mentor/mentee pairs.
- Assist Permanency Director in grant reporting.
- Maintenance of client files.
- Assist Permanency Director in administration work.
We'll work with your schedule.
1675 W. 11th AvenueEugene, OR 97402
- Child Development
- Child Welfare
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Administrative Support
- Youth Services
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 6-9+ hours per week minimum.