Have you always wanted to be part of the construction build but did not have the time or stamina for a full day commitment? Are you friendly and love to meet new people.
How does a recurring 1 hour commitment on Saturday mornings? 8:00am-9am.
We would prefer a ongoing and consistent commitment... whether it is once a month, once every 2 months or every Saturday.
We have sites in Lawrence, MA and will soon have a site in Salisbury, MA and another in Andover, MA.
The site greeter volunteers are the first people a construction build volunteer meets at the Habitat for Humanity build sites. We’re looking for people who like to interact with people.
AS VOLUNTEERS ARRIVE
* Introduce yourself
* Have volunteers sign in on sign-in sheet.
* Confirm that they have signed a waiver in this calendar year.
* Confirm the age of youth and verify parents signature if under 18.
* Confirm the waivers are complete and legible, including email.
* Have them write out their name tag and put them on
* Hand out work crew safety guidelines
ONCE EVERYONE HAS ARRIVED
* Gather them in a circle
* Introduce yourself again
* Welcome the volunteers
* Point out the restrooms
* Show them where the first aid kit is located
* Emphasize safety * Explain Merrimack Valley Habitat for Humanity Mission Statement
HAND OFF TO BUILD DIRECTOR
* Tell them about work locations for that day
* Answer any questions
* Thank them again for their time and commitment
* Ask for a blessing to be upon them and the day
* Hand them off to Build Director
COMPLETE THE ADMINISTRATIVE TASKS
* Gather all the days waivers & Place in the Completed Forms in the Greeter Box.
* Leave the Sign-In Sheets on the clip board in the Greeter Area so people may sign-out when they leave.
* Pack up Greeter Box and put it back on Greeter Area shelf.
Great 'customer service' toward volunteers
Ability to work closely with staff, volunteers, and Habitat homeowners
Self-sufficient, requiring little supervision
Team oriented with a cooperative attitude with a good sense of humor
This is a volunteer opportunity.
Desired Skills and Experience
This position requires the following skills: Customer Service, Multi-Tasking, People Skills
What’s in it for you?
Perhaps the first and biggest benefit is the satisfaction of making a difference in our community.The intangible benefits alone-such as pride, satisfaction, and accomplishment-are worthwhile reasons to serve. This is an opportunity to be involved in the community and become part of the ReStore family.
You don’t need a hammer to volunteer with Habitat for Humanity.
Contact us firstname.lastname@example.org 978-681-8858