Paid National Service Internship (1yr.)
Use your GAP YEAR to volunteer as an AmeriCorps*VISTA member. Kentucky Campus Compact TASK AmeriCorps*VISTA program has over 50 full-time positions available throughout the state of Kentucky focusing on education, economic opportunities, and healthy futures .
Visit www.kycompact.org for more information on how to create your profile and apply to volunteer with the AmeriCorps*VISTA program!
Complete one year of service working on indirect service activities including: recruit and train volunteers, research and evaluate trends, lead workshops, research broadband availability in rural Kentucky, expand college service learning programs, create wellness curriculum, lead health programs, manage online databases, lead mentoring programs, evaluate academic trends, assist in grant writing for programs, fundraise and more!
- MONTHLY LIVING ALLOWANCE of $945 per month ($11,328/year) before taxes
- Upon completion, choose between EDUCATION AWARD ($5,920) ORCASH AWARD ($1,800).
- Forbearance/deferment of federal student loans payments.
- Eligible to receive HEALTHCARE ALLOWANCES
- VACATION (10) and SICK DAYS (10)
- May be eligible for RELOCATION REIMBURSEMENT (must be relocating 50 miles or more for service; $1,500 value)
- Access to additional PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT and training opportunities!
- Opportunity to develop and enhance your skills!
TASK offers many AmeriCorps VISTA positions in the Central Kentucky area at organizations such as Berea College, Eastern Kentucky University, Transylvania University, Kentucky Association of Food Banks, and more!
Details on how to apply can be found on our website www.kycompact.org
*Applicants will only be considered once they submit their resume, AmeriCorps profile and complete the TASK Screening Survey found on our website.*
- Data Entry
- Program Management
- Professional Development
- Customer Service
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Commitment to complete 12 months of service.