Help volunteers leverage their passion, skills, & abilities as a Volunteer Services Engagement Lead
5 people are interested
The Volunteer Services Engagement Lead is responsible for overseeing "The Volunteer Experience" for volunteers serving in the region.
* Consults with departments on position on-boarding, planned growth experiences, and volunteer career development.
* Provides consultation, coaching and training resources to promote positive workforce relationships (employees with volunteers, volunteers with volunteers) and effective ongoing volunteer engagement.
* Follows up with volunteers and departments to ensure proper placement and job satisfaction.
* Consults with departments regarding the leadership potential of volunteers and supports requesting departments in developing leadership and advancement opportunities for volunteers.
* Serves as the point of contact for reassignment or referring volunteers to other departments, or if not a fit for Red Cross to other agencies.
* Connects supervisors of volunteers to Volunteer Services HR relations team for mediation and facilitation of volunteer grievance and performance related issues.
* Leads ongoing discussions with requesting departments about volunteer engagement cycle, roles and responsibilities working to identify what’s working and lessons learned.
* Conducts exit interviews.
* Works with team members to ensure the integration of their work with volunteer recruitment, referrals and screening, recognition, and Volunteer Connection.
* Enthusiastic about Red Cross mission and programs
* Proven leadership in nonprofit or for-profit organizations
* Cultural sensitivity to diverse audiences
* Knowledge and understanding of Red Cross services and operations and opportunities for volunteer service * Work well both individually and with others
* Relevant, complementary management and/or technical skills/operational experience
* Relationship building skills working collaboratively with staff partners as well as board members, senior management, and other volunteer partners as needed
* Understand the value of volunteers and provide leadership and support to ensure volunteers are productive and have a mutually rewarding experience
We'll work with your schedule.
751 Riverside AvenueJacksonville, FL 32204
- Program Management
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Public Relations
- People 55+
- Orientation or Training
- 10 hours a week, working remotely and on-site
- Orientation, on-the-job training