In the heart of New Bedford lies the former nursery of Allen C. Haskell: six acres of beautifully landscaped gardens, historic buildings, and more than half an acre of greenhouse space. Come drop in on a Wednesday, starting April 4, from 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. to help us tidy the garden while you learn new skills. No previous gardening skills required, just a helping hand! Please bring gardening gloves and drinking water. Optional: if you have any tools, please bring those as well.
* Sign up for this event
* Able to work as part of a team
* Able to follow directions
* Log volunteer hours weekly
* Have reliable transportation to the garden
* A love of gardening and the outdoors
* Able to work independently or as part of a team
* Willingness to work outdoors
* Ability to kneel, lift up to 10 pounds, pull and dig
Needed:3 hours, each Wednesday, 9:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.; April 4 through October
This is a weather dependent event and will be cancelled in the likelihood of extreme weather
Allen C. Haskell Public Gardens, 787 Shawmut Ave., New Bedford, MA 02746
For more information
Contact Eileen Small, Volunteer Resources Coordinator, 781-784-0567 x5501, firstname.lastname@example.org
To explore other volunteer opportunities or sign up as a team, visit our volunteer page at http://volunteer.thetrustees.org/
More about The Trustees
Founded by landscape architect Charles Eliot in 1891, The Trustees has, for more than 125 years, been a catalyst for important ideas, endeavors, and progress in Massachusetts. As a steward of distinctive and dynamic places of both historic and cultural value, The Trustees is the nation’s first preservation and conservation organization, and its landscapes and landmarks continue to inspire discussion, innovation, and action today as they did in the past. We are a nonprofit, supported by members, friends and donors and our 116 sites are destinations for residents, members, and visitors alike, welcoming millions of guests annually. www.thetrustees.org.
The Trustees is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal employment opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, military service, application for military service, veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law. The Trustees makes reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Wed 9-noon, April - October
- Boat House Steward - Norris...
- Gardening Volunteer - Dunes'...
- Event Volunteer - Bird Park
- Invasive Species Control...
- Fall Farm Festival Volunteers -...
- Event Volunteer - Bradley Estate
- Barnyard Volunteer - Powisset Farm
- Guest Services Ambassador -...
- Horticulture Volunteer - Bradley...
- Gardening Volunteer - Mytoi
- Communications Intern - Bradley...
- Drop-In Tuesday Gardening -...
- Gardening Volunteer - The FARM...
- Wednesday Garden Crew - Haskell
- Friday Community Garden...
- Skilled Trades Volunteer -...
- Painter Volunteer - Weir River...
- Property Ambassador - Haskell...
- Pop-Up Membership Tabling...
- Skilled Trades Volunteer -...