Target Staff Type Supported/Volunteer
We need a good communicator who can inspire, cast vision and reach out to college students and beyond to fill aviation needs. These potential aviators are key to the sustainability of aviation programs around the world, programs that exist to support Bible translation in remote and difficult locations. You would mobilize, maintain contact with, encourage, interview, inform, and screen potential aviation candidates for membership.
- Know the Aviation position openings and the requirements required for each position
- Recruit at schools, events, colleges, job fairs and organizations, including making public presentations, setting up displays and having materials to hand out
- Develop and maintain contacts with schools, alumni groups and other organizations to find and attract candidates
- Explain the job requirements, technical evaluation, application, training and field orientation process to candidates
- Arrange on-site visits and tours to cast vision for the positions
- Discuss the Self-Assessment questions to determine a candidate's eligibility or need for remedial work
- A deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal spiritual growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS
- Associate's degree or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of aviation and basic requirements
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Moderate computer skill and knowledge of Google applications
- International experience is a plus
7405 Jaars Rd, PO Box 248, WAXHAW, NC 28173, US
JAARS' mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media and training.
JAARS is a multidisciplinary team of problem-solvers who are committed to the belief and the vision that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
We are a community of missionaries, volunteers and a few employees who work together to accomplish the Great Commission goal of providing Scripture to every people group on earth in the language they understand best - their heart language. We do that by supporting Bible translation and language development partners globally and by working with prayer and financial partners in the United States to help make a range of unique on-the-field solutions possible.