- Oversees all aspects and operations of the Food Pantry.
- Conducts monthly Board meeting. Currently 7:00 PM first Tuesday of each month (as needed).
- Ensures everything is in place each Thursday for pantry to open and function properly. Client appointment schedule; Volunteer schedule; registration tables and client chairs set up; kids bags prepared and books set out; coffee made; and unlock door around 6. Lock door at 8; make sure tables are wiped down with disinfectant and everything is put away. Bread & sweets, eggs and produce (when available) are put out either in pantries or in main room. Excess perishables are taken to either Bethesda Mission and/or the women's shelter.
- Schedule staff/volunteer to pick up food on Thursday 11:00 AM at CPFB as necessary.
- Schedule staff/volunteers to receive CPFB truck on Friday, between 11:00 & 11:30 and put in stockroom.
- Schedule staff/volunteers to restock the pantries prior to next Thursday.
- Make sure inventory levels are reviewed weekly and orders are placed for Thursday pick up and Friday delivery.
- Coordinates grant research and grant application submittals.
- Liaison with PUCC as a member of Consistory.
- Liaison with CPFB - educational seminars (mandated & optional); food pantry inspections; requests for assistance (new/additional equipment; grant requests; etc).
- Ensures mouse bait traps are picked up for 2nd Saturday every month.
- Group Facilitation
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 30
- Orientation or Training
- 6 hours a week
- Must have Background Check, Civil Rights Training through the Central Pa. Food Bank.