WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
WhereThis is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
Devil’s Slide Ride
Job Description: Co-Ride Directors
Contact: Elias Olson, 415-388-9707. Email: email@example.com
The Devil’s Slide Ride will hold its seventh annual event on Saturday, June 30,2018. The event raises money for PARCA (Partners and Advocates for Remarkable Children and Adults), which has been serving people with developmental disabilities since 1952. The event is now more than double the size it was in its first year, and is known for its challenging courses, spectacular views along the San Mateo County coast, and sumptuous post-ride meal and well-stocked aid stations. Participants give the event rave reviews. The web site is www.devilsslideride.org.
A dedicated group of volunteer athletes has designed and coordinated all of the Devil’s Slide Events. These positions are for Co-Ride Directors to work with the current Ride Director, a veteran Ironman triathlete. All administrative functions such as permitting, web site, social media, etc. are managed by PARCA staff. PARCA covers all costs of the event.
Overall charge is to increase the number of participants, sponsors, and volunteers by:
- Increasing the reach of social media, and outreach through meet-up groups, cycling and triathlon clubs, other athletic event calendars, etc.
- Recruiting ambassadors to do the ride for free if they recruit other riders
- Helping recruit event sponsors
- Working with the Ride Director to review and improve courses as needed.
- Working with other event volunteers to constantly upgrade all aspects of the event for participants
- Assisting in recruiting volunteers for SAG, Course Marshalls, etc.
- Assisting with event production
We are looking for volunteers who demonstrate:
- Enthusiasm and passion as cyclists, triathletes or other endurance athletes and/or experienced directors of large events
- "Can do" attitude and are cooperative problem solvers
- Commitment to excellence and making the DSR an exceptional event
- Outstanding follow-thru, and enthusiasm for working with volunteers, and the Ride Director team
- Working knowledge of Strava and familiarity and association with Bay Area cycling, triathlon or similar groups
- Event Design & Planning
- Event Management
- Event Planning / Management
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Conference calls every 2 weeks for approx 1 hour.