Volunteer Ambassador - Retail Programs
Be a Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) Ambassador in your community and help support LLS' mission to find cancer cures! We are gearing up now for our fall retail fundraising season and invite you to be a part of it!
Local retailers are joining the cause by participating in retail campaigns to raise funds for LLS. Over a specified time period, cashiers ask customers at checkout to make a donation to help cure cancer. We are seeking volunteers to motivate store employees and make the retail campaign experience special!
Retail Ambassadors serve two primary volunteer roles: 1) Calling participating retailers to thank them for their participation, and/or 2) visiting local stores to show support. Ambassadors are assigned to specific retail locations, which are available throughout Illinois and Northwest Indiana. Ambassadors conduct visits to their assigned stores throughout the campaign to educate employees about LLS' mission, thank employees for their support, and motivate them to continue asking for donations. Ambassadors are an important part of LLS retail campaigns by helping to build relationships with each participating store, and we invite you to join us!
The Greater Illinois Chapter is looking for volunteers to help support our various retail campaigns which take place throughout the calendar year. Campaigns typically last 2-6 weeks, and we ask volunteers to commit to 1-2 visits per assigned store throughout each campaign. Volunteers who make phone calls on behalf of LLS are able to do so from our office in downtown Chicago or remotely. LLS will provide training to all volunteers.
Burlington Retail Campaign
Dates: Early September - mid-November (exact dates TBD)
Locations: All Burlington stores in IL
Commitment: Host kick-off presentation and make 3-4 visits to your assigned store throughout campaign
Walgreens Retail Campaign
Dates: October 21 - November 4
Locations: Chicago, Western & Southern Suburbs
Commitment: Visits to 2-4 stores in your area
*Additional campaigns take place throughout the year in addition to those listed above. Please inquire to learn more about opportunities in your area.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Visit assigned stores to thank employees for their support of LLS
- Educate employees on the impact of their fundraising
- Encourage employees to keep asking for donations at the register; evey dollar counts!
- Answer questions about LLS and the retail campaign or provide introduction to local LLS Chapter to follow up upon if needed
Skills & Qualifications:
- Possess a confident, outgoing and personal demeanor
- Able to travel to assigned stores and/or comfort in talking on the phone
- Passion for LLS mission and enjoy talking to people!
- Flexibility - store visits can be made on weekdays, weekday evenings and weekends, near your home or work
- Great opportunity for service learning hours for students
- Knowing you are making a difference in LLS mission to cure cancer!
We'd love to hear from you!
If interested, please email volunteer_ILC@lls.org for additional information. Please include your address in your response so we can help you find the retail locations nearest you!
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment