Are you committed to inspiring tangible, positive change? Can you give one hour each month? Are you an enthusiastic and reliable person, interested in working one-on-one to help one of Clarifi’s Boot Camp participants take meaningful steps toward improving their financial outlook? You do NOT need to be a financial expert.
Our May Boot Camp is in partnership with Uplift Solutions. Participants of our May Boot Camp are formerly incarcerated and most are part of Uplift’s re-entry workforce program. Uplift helps clients build life skills and provides them with job opportunities. Clarifi will be there to help them as they get back on their feet financially. We are looking for coaches who are interested and comfortable with working with individuals who were formerly incarcerated.
Our clients come from all walks of life and are looking to do big things: improve their credit, reduce crippling debt, save for an emergency, purchase their first home or start a business. They’re looking to meet the goals that shape their lives.And they need your support.
Volunteer financial coaches will receive comprehensive training beforehand to learn about the tools and skills needed to guide a client in developing and following an action plan to reach their goals and achieve financial stability. Volunteers should have a desire to learn coaching concepts and an ability to remain positive and culturally sensitive. After that, you just need to check in with the client once a month for six months! No financial experience is necessary!
Your Responsibilities as a Financial Coach
- Commit to 6 months in the program, volunteering a minimum of 1 hour each month.
- Work with client relating to their personal financial goals involving debt, credit and savings.
- Maintain unconditional positive regard for the client, and at all times be supportive and non-judgmental of the client, their views, lifestyle and aspirations.
- Evaluate and report outcomes of the process, using prescribed reporting procedures to ensure the relationship is successful and to help identify best practices.
- Attend 3 mandatory events:
- Volunteer Training
- Program Launch
- Client Graduation Ceremony
See our work in action and watch our Boot Camp video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXaCzff6Kug
How to Apply
Interested Volunteers should apply at clarifi.org/bootcamp
For additional information contact the Coaching Program Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 215-320-1484.
- Financial Planning
- Teaching / Instruction
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 1 hour per month
- 3 hour training