Chestnut Hill Farm is located in Southborough, it is a hidden gem providing organically grown vegetables to the local community through Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) and farm-stand. It is a growing endeavor with a planned membership of 250 in the next 3 years.
As a non-profit and a Trustees property, the farm is also committed to a level of community engagement and education that goes beyond agriculture to include community building and support.
We are currently looking for enthusiastic people who share our love of the outdoors and wish to contribute to maintaining our non-certified organically grown produce, flowers & herbs by joining our Greenhouse Watering crew. Starting in March and continuing through July, when our greenhouse empties out for the season, our watering crew helps keep our greenhouse seedlings thriving.
All ages are welcome, but children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Work independently to water the greenhouse on Saturday and/or Sunday mornings
- Maintain communication with the farmer
- Self-report volunteer hours in a timely fashion
- An eagerness to participate in the work of growing food
- Able to use hand held irrigation tools (hoses, watering wands) and move trays of seedlings when necessary
- With training from the farmer, able to recognize irrigation needs of seedlings
- Able to follow instructions and communicate with the farmer when necessary
- Dress in appropriate clothes and footwear that can get wet
- Ability to walk on a variety of surfaces including grass or uneven surfaces
- Ideal candidates would be able to commit to a consistent weekly schedule
Time Commitment Needed
- We ask for a seasonal commitment from April-August. Saturday/Sunday shifts are a priority but this position is available any day of the week. Shifts are 1 hour and must take place after 3:30pm.
The Trustees is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal employment opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, military service, application for military service, veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law. The Trustees makes reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 10
- One hour per week, after 3:30 pm
- Must have reliable transportation in order to get to and from the farm
- Trail Run Assistants- Running of...
- Greenhouse Watering Assistant-...
- Cheese Ambassador-Boston Public...
- Kitchen Assistant, Boston Public...
- CSA Packing Assistants- Chestnut...
- Food Pantry Liaison- Chestnut...
- Greenhouse Assistant- Chestnut...
- Property Steward- Dexter Drumlin
- CSA Distribution Coordinator-...
- Harvest Assistants- Chestnut...