Chestnut Hill Farm is located in Southborough, it is a hidden gem providing organically grown vegetables to the local community through Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) and farm-stand. It is a growing endeavor with a planned membership of 250 in the next 3 years.
As a non-profit and a Trustees property, the farm is also committed to a level of community engagement and education that goes beyond agriculture to include community building and support.
As a Greenhouse Assistant you will work alongside and learn from staff as you care for seedlings that will become a part of our CSA shares! This is a great role for anyone interested in light, indoor, detail-oriented work.
* Assist with greenhouse duties including, but not limited to cleaning trays, seeding, watering seedlings, repotting of seedlings, filling trays for seeding, fertilizing and hardening plants off
* Assist with cleaning up at the end of the day and organizing tools and equipment
* Maintain hygienic greenhouse conditions in order to stifle the growth of weeds, pests, and plant disease within the greenhouse
* Wear closed toe shoes at all times while working in the greenhouse. We also suggest that you wear long pants, however to do so is optional. Because the greenhouse can be very bright, we also suggest wearing a hat, sunglasses, and sunscreen. Don’t forget your water bottle!
* Maintain communication with the farm crew and the farmer
* Log volunteer hours
* Prior greenhouse experience is a plus, but not essential
* Willingness to learn and work hard is required
* Be able to stand for entirety of shift
* Be able to lift 25lbs.
* Must have legible handwriting and the ability to read a spreadsheet
* Knowledge of horticulture is helpful, but not required
* Minimum age: 16 years old
We ask for a seasonal commitment, 4-8 hours any day per week from March-June, intermittently from July-September.
The Trustees is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal employment opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, military service, application for military service, veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law. The Trustees makes reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- 4-8 hours one day per week
- Must have reliable transportation in order to get to and from the farm
- Trail Run Assistants- Running of...
- Greenhouse Watering Assistant-...
- Cheese Ambassador-Boston Public...
- Kitchen Assistant, Boston Public...
- CSA Packing Assistants- Chestnut...
- Food Pantry Liaison- Chestnut...
- Greenhouse Assistant- Chestnut...
- Property Steward- Dexter Drumlin
- CSA Distribution Coordinator-...
- Property Ambassador- KITCHEN at...
- Harvest Assistants- Chestnut...