Special Events and Public Relations Internship - Winter 2019-2020 & Spring 2019
9 people are interested
Special Events and Public Relations Intern
** This internship is to begin between mid-August and early September of 2019. **
* NOTE - To expedite your application process: Please submit your information here so we have you in our database (should only take 3-4 minutes) https://atf.quickbase.com/db/bkiq82jp3?a=nw
The American Transplant Foundation is accepting resumes for an unpaid Special Events and Public Relations Intern. The Special Events and Public Relations Intern will assist with the Foundation’s events, other third-party event requests, social media posts, press inquiries, public relations requests, and creation of internal and external communications. This is an unpaid position for credit from an accredited college or university.
To learn more about our Internship Program, please visit: https://www.americantransplantfoundation.org/about/join-our-team/
Responsibilities will include:
- Analyzing current social media efforts of the Foundation
- Assisting with social media postings on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest
- Creating monthly eNews eblast
- Monitor media spots
- Assisting with management of media lists via Constant Contact
- Assist with creation of press releases when needed
- Assist with collection and creation of patients’ stories
- Collect social media analytics monthly
- Research sponsorship opportunities for special events
- Solicit for in-kind donations
- Help with writing and creating weekly e-blasts
- Help with outreach and recruitment for Team Transplant
- Monitor, evaluate, and research 3 rd party event requests
- Update events calendar on the website as needed
- Other duties as assigned
An ideal candidate must possess in-depth knowledge and use of social media sites, have a passion for ATF’s lifesaving mission and interest in transplantation. Must also possess excellent communication (written and oral) skills, have the ability to understand and carry out written and oral instructions, have the ability to interact courteously and respectfully with supervisors, employees, volunteers, the general public, and media and must be well organized, reliable, and accurate.
- Must be enrolled in an undergraduate/graduate program with a major in Communications, Public Relations, Business, or related field.
- Previous internship or related work experience preferred.
- Available at least 20 hours per week between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. and occasional evening and weekend when needed.
To Apply: Fill out the application on our website, AmericanTransplantFoundation.org. A resume and cover letter are required. Questions about the application process can be directed to email@example.com or 303-757-0959.
About American Transplant Foundation
600 17th Street, Suite 2515 South, Denver, CO 80202, US
The American Transplant Foundation is a national non-profit organization that works to increase the donation of organs and tissue to reduce the growing list of men, women and children who are awaiting a life-saving transplant.
The American Transplant Foundation began with the personal journey of Denver attorney Steve Farber who was the recipient of a kidney transplant. Unique from other organizations that promote organ donation, the Foundation goes beyond basic education by coordinating collaborative efforts and proactively tackling policy issues to eliminate the gap between the critical need for organs and their supply, ultimately saving lives.
The American Transplant Foundation's primary objectives are to develop more mainstream opportunities for people to register as organ and tissue donors, to provide education and awareness through community-based outreach programs, and to endow a chair of transplant surgery.
We'll work with your schedule.
600 17th St., Suite 2515 SouthDenver, CO 80202
- Event Management
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Event Planning / Management
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Public Relations
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- 8-20 hours per week