TOGETHER is how we will solve hunger.
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where3655 Reed StreetWinston-Salem, NC 27107
1 in 6 people in our community face hunger.
5 in 6 can help.
Volunteers play a vital, hands-on role helping to provide urgently needed food assistance to children, families and seniors in need across northwest NC.
Whether you're on your own or part of a group, have two hours a month or two hours each week, you can make a difference in the lives your neighbors through the gift of your time.
Here are just a few of the ways you can help:
- Sort and repackage donated food
- Inspect donated eggs
- Assist with office mailings
- Make thank you calls (no soliciting)
- Support annual food drives and fundraisers
- Organize a food drive or fundraiser
Helpful things to know:
The following policies are in place to ensure volunteer safety:
- Volunteers must wear shoes with closed toes.
- Youth must be at least 12 years old
- Individuals 12-15 years old must be accompanied by an adult. Youth groups must have a minimum of two adults and a ratio of one adult per five youth.
- The use of headphones, ear buds, etc. is not permitted in the distribution center.
Volunteers are asked to complete an application and call in advance to be scheduled for available time slots. You can download an application at www.hungernwnc.org.
Have questions? Contact Debbie Clark, Volunteer and Project Coordinator at 336.784.5770 or email@example.com.
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 12
- Orientation or Training
- Some lifting required, up to 25 lbs.