Hospice Volunteers Needed!
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
9 people are interested
VOLUNTEER ACTIVITIES/ OPTIONS:
Patient/ Family Support: (visit with patient and/ or family members in a variety of settings)
Errand Running, Grocery Shopping, Baking, Light Meal Preparation, Yard Work, Landscaping, Planting
Social Interaction (birthday celebration, sitting and reading with patient, share games or movies or any other areas of interest)
Pet Therapy (for certified owner and pet)
Arts and Crafts (knitting, crocheting, painting, drawing, photography, photo album, scrapbooking)
Music (choir, play an instrument, listen to music)
Administrative Duties (filing, typing, answering phones, stuffing letters, making phone calls)
We have a variety of locations where you are able to volunteer to make your travel most convenient for you. The majority of our patients live in their homes and reside in the following counties: Cobb, Fulton, Bartow, Gordon, Pickens, Gilmer, Floyd, Douglas and Paulding. We also have patients in living facilities.
You set your own schedule!
- Gaining valuable work-related experience for your resume
- Developing new interests and exploring career opportunities
- Letters of recommendation
- Networking opportunities in the healthcare and local business sectors
- Free annual TB testing
Through experience our volunteers tell us of other and perhaps, more important and lasting benefits like:
- Making a difference doing worthwhile work
- Sharing skills and learning new ones
- Meeting others and making long-lasting friends
- Sharing time with a friend/family member giving back to the community
- Experiencing personal satisfaction and fulfillment
For more information and to sign-up contact the Volunteer Coordinator, Megan Guthrie via email at email@example.com or phone (470)221-0221.
We'll work with your schedule.
4966 Battlefield ParkwayRinggold, GA 30736
- Hospice Care
- Music Therapy
- Bereavement Support
- Administrative Support
- Social Work
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training