Board Opportunity with SF Children's Art Center
13 people are interested
San Francisco Children's Art Center (SFCAC)
Member of the Board of Directors
Job Description and Expectations
Established in 1978, SFCAC is a 501(c)(3) non-profit, child-centered community art organization that values the importance of process-oriented art instruction. At SFCAC, children experience the advantage of direct contact with professional artists and connections with their peers from different schools and backgrounds in a small, art focused setting. A Reggio Emilia inspired program, children are challenged to make creative choices through age-appropriate art activities including drawing, painting, sculpture and digital photography.
- Attendance at monthly Board meetings (11 per year) held every second Tuesday of the month (7:30 - 9:00 pm) at SFCAC Studio at Fort Mason and an annual half-day retreat (February)
- Participation in monthly Committee meetings (in-person or remotely) and an additional 2-4 hours of committee work per month
- Support of Board fundraising activities including attendance and participation at events and active engagement with annual appeal
- Representing SFCAC at community events or meetings with potential partners or funders
- Interest in art education, early childhood education, and/or community-based organizations
- Ability to work collaboratively with others
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in business and other professional sectors (legal, finance, marketing, education, technology) is desired
- Bonus: Legal, finance, accounting experience
- Serve for a minimum of two years
- Commit to annual fundraising goal (minimum $300/year financial contribution)
*Annual contributions are submitted in April of each year. New Board Members are asked to make their contributions within the first three months of being elected to the Board.
Interested candidates should send a resume, brief statement of interest, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org . Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis until all seats have been filled. Potential candidates may be invited for a phone interview and meeting with an active Board Member. Board Member positions are elected positions that are approved monthly upon completion of application review and reference checks.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
We'll work with your schedule.
Fort Mason Center2 Marina Blvd.Bldg. CSan Francisco, CA 94123
- Financial Planning
- Legal (General)
- Financial Literacy
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Must be at least 21
- 4 hours a month
- 2 year minimum commitment