Outside2Inside (O2I) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization focused on reducing food waste through prevention, recovery and recycle through various creative programs.
Every year, the United States is wasting approximately 40% of the food we produce. Meanwhile 42 million Americans are still "food insecure". If our country recovered just 30% of what we’re wasting and provide it to people in need, domestic hunger would be eliminated!
Outside2Inside is focused on reducing food waste through prevention, recovery and recycle though various creative programs. We prevent the food waste through awareness programs, bringing food waste realization among the community and kids. Our Farm2School program recovers the unattractive but otherwise nutritious produce from local partners and serve the deprived, needy in our society . Our recycle program converts the food waste into organic compost and animal feed serving the urban households & local farms.
Come join us to serve an interesting NPO and help solve Food Waste problems.
This is an entry level position - so no experience necessary.
We are seeking an organized, self-motivated Contracts administrator / Legal Assistant to join our growing organization. In this position, we are looking for a person who has the ability to work efficiently and independently; manage high volumes of tasks and projects with little guidance; react with appropriate urgency to situations and events that require a quick response or turnaround; take effective action without having to know the total picture; and think creatively and be proactive in solving problems that affect people within the group or other related groups.
The candidate will also have great attention to detail while still meeting tight deadlines, have great organization skills, and have the ability to easily switch gears. A high level of professionalism, integrity, and discretion in handling confidential information, as well as the ability to work well with people at all levels inside and outside the O2I, is essential.
As you will provide this support, a positive attitude and attention to detail are a must. This person will closely coordinate with the Outside2Inside (O2I) program managers and help their program needs in the O2I home office.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Coordinating agreement approvals and execution.
- Be the point of contact person to draft agreements such as volunteer, board advisors, partners, NDAs, website disclaimers, marketing, and other vendor contracts from the initial request through execution.
- Work with O2I's attorneys in generating those agreements contracts, website disclaimers and other legal documents.
- Create and maintain files for customer and vendor contracts (both soft and hard files).
- Provide general administrative and legal support to the Contracts/Legal team to further O2I's objectives.
- Assist with updating and creating standard form agreements.
- Possibly develop, lead and manage a tracking system for all contracts, from beginning to end.
- Tracking documents, maintaining status reports, and coordinating other legal and administrative matters with the business groups.
- BA/BS or equivalent from a 4-year university.
- Prior contract management / legal assistant experience highly preferred.
- Previous experience working or leading with non-profits.
- Experience working in deadline-driven environments.
- Able to work well in a team environment, handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
- Able to monitor and meet income goals.
- Interested in our food waste reduction awareness programs and community support programs.
- Generally interested, passionate, patient individual who is open to exploring new areas.
The successful candidate should have excellent writing, analytical, and research skills.
- Display excellent judgment and maintain strict confidentiality.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, planning, analytical, and organizational skills; excellent written and oral communication skills; high level presentation, negotiation, problem-solving, conflict-resolution skills; flexible and creative with maximum integrity. Ability to respond to multiple and competing demands.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with a variety of constituencies, including managers, staff, vendors and the general public.
- Ability to exercise the utmost confidentiality and discretion when handling sensitive material and situations.
- Strong written communication skills; ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive documents.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of funding sources.
- Experience fundraising and working with institutional donors.
- Knowledge of basic fundraising techniques and strategies.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Being a team player.
- Willing to show initiative.
- Highly organized multi-tasker
- A thorough and methodical approach to your work.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Familiarity with office management procedures and basic accounting principles
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Scheduling appointments/updating calendars.
- Excellent knowledge of office management software(s).
- Interpersonal Skills - Critical Thinking, Multi-tasking and Networking.
- Project Management - Reporting, Data Collection & Analysis.
- People Management - People Skills, Relationship Management & Volunteer Coordination.
- Legal (General)
- Intellectual Property
- Employment Law
- Conflict Resolution
- Contract Negotiations
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- a minimum of 10 hrs / week
- Kids food waste awareness...
- Entry Level Farm2School Program...
- Sr. Manager (reporting to...
- Farm2School Program Farm/Schools...
- Legal Assistant / Support
- Director of Human Resource (HR)...
- Farm2School Program Marketing...
- Grant Manager
- Farm2School Program Outreach...
- Farm2School Program Produce...
- Farm2School Program Researcher
- Farm2School Social Media...
- Compost Lead
- Entry Level Human Resource (HR)...
- Sr. Marketing Manager
- Entry Level Marketing Manager
- Sr. Human Resource (HR) Manager...
- Kids Food Waste Awareness...
- Entry Level Social Media Manager
- Sr. Social Media Manager