How to Apply:
- Send your resume and cover letter to Jennifer, our Volunteer Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the position to which you are applying in the subject line of your email.
- Interviews are conducted with the volunteer coordinator for our second-round applicants.
- If selected for the position, volunteers will be required to have a background check and sign a volunteer agreement covering basic policies of the organization.
If you have any questions about the organization or the volunteer position, please contact Jennifer at email@example.com
Volunteer Position Description:
- Plan and organize various classes and workshops for Hurt2Heal, including information sessions on abuse and sexual violence as well as free self-defense courses.
- Devise the curricula, speakers, and location for each course.
- Collaborate with the direct marketing, newsletter, website, social media, and mobile app teams to advertise the events.
- Create PowerPoints for workshops: appropriate vs. inappropriate conduct, self-defense calls, prevention strategies, how to get involved, process of healing, defining forms of abuse (sexual, verbal, physical, and financial).
- Collaborate with the website design and mobile app teams to make a crisis hotline (Grasshopper).
Hurt2Heal, Inc., was established in 2015 by founder and current CEO, survivor, and author Joyce Reed. (More here: https://www.iamurvoice.com/about-me)
Our mission is to bring awareness to the prevalence and severity of abuse in the United States and support the healing and restoration process of individuals impacted by abuse. We aim to help all individuals who have experienced abuse by providing the necessary resources and tools needed to promote healing for individuals and families. (More here: https://www.hurt2heal.org)
We'll work with your schedule.
This is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
- Resource Development / Management
- Program Management
- Professional Development
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- 6-10 hours/week - flexible hours/days
- minimum one-year commitment