Student Outreach Officer
3 people are interested
How to Apply:
- Send your resume and cover letter to Jennifer, our Volunteer Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the position to which you are applying in the subject line of your email.
- Interviews are conducted with the volunteer coordinator for our second-round applicants.
- If selected for the position, volunteers will be required to have a background check and sign a volunteer agreement covering basic policies of the organization.
If you have any questions about the organization or the volunteer position, please contact Jennifer at email@example.com
Volunteer Position Description:
- Create a one (1) page paper/flyer to go out to college campuses and student organizations.
- Pass out these flyers on campuses to educate students and recruit new volunteers.
- Organize and host events on college campuses throughout the United States in order to foster growth and knowledge of Hurt2Heal.
- Create a spreadsheet with a list of Georgia colleges and student organizations to which officers can reach out.
- Contact student media organizations on campuses to schedule interviews to discuss the work Hurt2Heal is doing and how students can get involved.
- Bring Hurt2Heal petitions to college campuses in order to garner support and educate the student body.
- Produce sexual violence/abuse surveys for students to test their knowledge on sexual violence in America, their state, and their campus.
- Inform students on Title IX and encourage them to know their rights and hold their university accountable.
- Create a handbook for students that describes the prevalence and horrors of abuse and sexual violence in America and their state, Title IX, and why they should join Hurt2Heal to help the cause.
- Collaborate with our website designer to produce and host student Q & A forums to get the discussion on sexual violence going on college campuses and in high schools.
Hurt2Heal, Inc., was established in 2015 by founder and current CEO, survivor, and author Joyce Reed. (More here: https://www.iamurvoice.com/about-me)
Our mission is to bring awareness to the prevalence and severity of abuse in the United States and support the healing and restoration process of individuals impacted by abuse. We aim to help all individuals who have experienced abuse by providing the necessary resources and tools needed to promote healing for individuals and families. (More here: https://www.hurt2heal.org)
We'll work with your schedule.
This is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
- People Skills
- Public Advocacy
- Youth Services
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- 6-10 hours/week - flexible hours/days
- minimum one-year commitment