Outside2Inside (O2I) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization focused on reducing food waste through prevention, recovery and recycle through various creative programs.
Every year, the United States is wasting approximately 40% of the food we produce. Meanwhile 42 million Americans are still "food insecure". If our country recovered just 30% of what we’re wasting and provide it to people in need, domestic hunger would be eliminated!
Outside2Inside is focused on reducing food waste through prevention, recovery and recycle though various creative programs. We prevent the food waste through awareness programs, bringing food waste realization among the community and kids. Our Farm2School program recovers the unattractive but otherwise nutritious produce from local partners and serve the deprived, needy in our society. Our recycle program converts the food waste into organic compost and animal feed serving the urban households & local farms.
Come join us to serve an interesting NPO and help solve food waste problems.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This person will be responsible for preparing monthly & yearly newsletter for all the programs in O2I. Duties will include collecting information from the O2I program managers, editing the contents, creating a template and sending the newsletter monthly to members and volunteers. Also create newsletter at the year end and send it to all members and volunteers. This person will closely coordinate with the Outside2Inside (O2I) program managers with the following tasks.
- Collect all the information needed about the O2I programs from the O2I program managers to create the newsletter.
- Plan, organize and edit the contents of each month’s newsletter.
- Gather and choose possible photos, images for newsletter.
- Create newsletter with the collected information using a template and provide the draft to the O2I program managers respectively.
- Document the process in a word template provided by the O2I program managers.
- Once approved email newsletter to the list of people provided by the O2I program managers.
- In the beginning of November, using all the monthly newsletters as a reference create a year-end newsletter for O2I.
- Provide the draft to the O2I program managers and upon approval email to the list of people provided by the O2I program managers.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
A Basic understanding of creating Newsletters.
- Professional writing and editing experience
- Able to manage a monthly project from start to completion
- Attention to detail, especially in editing, proofing.
- Proficient computer skills-use of Word, emailing, Internet
- Interpersonal Skills - Critical Thinking, Multi-tasking, Networking,
- Strong organizational and communicational skills.
- Interest in Kids food waste awareness.
- Computer expertise & Internet researching skills.
- Commitment to the mission & vision of O2I
- Project Management - Reporting, Data Collection & Analysis.
- People Management - People Skills, Relationship Management & Volunteer Coordination.
- Technical Writing
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Social Media / Blogging
- Content Management Systems
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Graphic Design / Print
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Monday - Friday 10am - 4pm working from Office
- Kids food waste awareness...
- Entry Level Farm2School Program...
- Sr. Manager (reporting to...
- Farm2School Program Farm/Schools...
- Legal Assistant / Support
- Farm2School Program Marketing...
- Grant Manager
- Farm2School Program Outreach...
- Farm2School Program Data Analyst
- Farm2School Program Produce...
- Farm2School Program Researcher
- Farm2School Social Media...
- Compost Lead
- Entry Level Human Resource (HR)...
- Sr. Marketing Manager
- Entry Level Marketing Manager
- Sr. Human Resource (HR) Manager...
- Kids Food Waste Awareness...
- Entry Level Social Media Manager
- Sr. Social Media Manager