Outside2Inside (O2I) is a non-profit organization based in Bay area, focused on reducing food waste through prevention, recovery and recycle though various creative programs.
Kids Food Waste Awareness Program (KFWA) is to bring awareness of food waste to kids in local schools and its reduction by Prevention, Recovering & Recycling. This is implemented by providing hands-on class projects which are designed to nourish their practical thinking ability. Our goal is to conduct this program in 5 schools per year and bring awareness of Food waste to 500+ kids.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This person will be responsible for preparing monthly & yearly newsletter for the KFWA program. Duties will include collecting information from the KFWA program manager, editing the contents, creating a template and sending the newsletter monthly to members and volunteers. Also create newsletter at the year end and send it to all members and volunteers. This person will closely coordinate with the Outside2Inside (O2I) KFWA program manager with the following tasks.
- Collect all the information needed about the KFWA program from the KFWA program manager to create the newsletter.
- Plan, organize and edit the contents of each month’s newsletter.
- Gather and choose possible photos, images for newsletter.
- Create newsletter with the collected information using a template and provide the draft to the KFWA program manager.
- Document the process in a word template provided by the KFWA program manager.
- Once approved email newsletter to the list of people provided by the KFWA program manager.
- In the beginning of November, using all the monthly newsletters as a reference create a year-end newsletter on the KFWA program.
- Provide the draft to the KFWA program manager and upon approval email to the list of people provided by the KFWA program manager.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
A Basic understanding of creating Newsletters.
- Professional writing and editing experience
- Able to manage a monthly project from start to completion
- Attention to detail, especially in editing, proofing.
- Proficient computer skills-use of Word, emailing, Internet
- Interpersonal Skills - Critical Thinking, Multi-tasking, Networking,
- Strong organizational and communicational skills.
- Interest in Kids food waste awareness.
- Computer expertise & Internet researching skills.
- Commitment to the mission & vision of O2I
- Project Management - Reporting, Data Collection & Analysis.
- People Management - People Skills, Relationship Management & Volunteer Coordination.
- Technical Writing
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Social Media / Blogging
- Content Management Systems
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Graphic Design / Print
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 4 - 10 hrs/week
- Kids food waste awareness...
- Legal Assistant / Support
- Director of Human Resource (HR)...
- Community center development lead
- Farm2School Program Marketing...
- Director of Marketing and...
- Farm2School Program Outreach...
- Data Entry - Donor Management...
- Farm2School Program Data Analyst
- Farm2School Program Produce...
- Farm2School Program Researcher
- Farm2School Social Media...
- Compost Lead
- Entry Level Human Resource (HR)...
- Sr. Marketing Manager
- Entry Level Marketing Manager
- Sr. Human Resource (HR) Manager...
- Kids Food Waste Awareness...
- Entry Level Social Media Manager
- Sr. Social Media Manager