Iowa International Center is seeking a volunteer to help refresh our website's visual appearance, and optimizing user experience in the following ways:
- Mobile Compatibility - Users can easily search and find information, as well as easily donate through their mobile devices
- Calendaring functionality - We want keep a calendar of cultural and educational events in Iowa relating to immigrant, refugees, and civic diplomacy. This needs to be user-friendly, easily sorted, and there should also be a form where new event submissions can be made
- Resource Navigation - We want to integrate resources from our welcometoiowa.org website, which contains resources for new Iowans. Other resources we will want to include are useful links for interpreters as well as ELL volunteer resources. We will also need our pages to be able to toggle to different language translations and to have the resources be printer-friendly.
- Streamline/simplify our design - We have a lot of information which is producing clutter and is also buried in the current layout. We want a website with intuitive navigation that can convey the essential information.
- Appointment scheduling - We would like to build a scheduling system for interpretation appointments
Ideally, the goals would be to have a website is easy for the IIC staff, volunteers/interns to update, as well as integrating designs to improve "stickiness" that can be developed by IIC.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Information Architecture
- Website Project Management
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Web Design
- Market Research / Analysis
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18